Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Mundane into Creativity

Don't we all have our little morning routine? Cody begins pacing at 5 AM and I'm ready to get up anyway. The moment she sees me slip my feet into my slippers, she does her little happy dance in circles and softly growls. Oh boy, food's coming!

When I think about it, I hate to be so predictable, but I am. There's nothing more boring than lord-knows, predictability.

Go in the kitchen, turn on Fox TV news, start to prepare Cody's food while her eyes follow my every move. Zap out my OJ on the Citrus Mate,
let Cody outside with a raw bone, prepare my oatmeal and the green drink. Should I put some zing in my routine and make the green drink first? Nawww, that would make my OJ taste funny. So much for zing. OK leave my routine as is.

I half listen to the news, Christine O'Donnell hung around witches in high school.... big deal!

BUT THEN ...... this thing with Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan appears as if it's some big news flash. They both did time in prison and again they're caught with hard drugs. Why are they news worthy? Shrug. I have a lot of theories but too boring to go into right now.

I'm thinking of adding kids Flamenco classes. That's now occupying my mind and I can't waste time on how other children repeatedly waste their lives, especially when they have been given so many gifts.

I'm completely purging my life of dead-wood. Half my living room went to a church garage sale. The room now echos. Needs a few rugs. Yesterday I took another carload to a thrift store and one more load to the dump. The oriental philosophy of less being more is freeing.

I flipped off the TV and turned on a Tangos de Malaga CD. As I settled into my Flamenco passion, the concerns of the mundane evaporated. Free house, free mind and free body. What an amazing change, going from Vanilla Pudding to Creativity. Try it. You'll be surprised.



11 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Good for you. All this celebrity cr*p on TV and in magazines/newspapers etc., does my head in. Why don't these godforsaken pathetic individuals get themselves a worthwhile life, like becoming nice people with modest manners and keeping their noses clean instead of snorting crack.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I hopped over from Kittie Howard's blog to say hello and congratulate you on your award. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've got a little something for you over at my place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying the predictability of my life because it affords me the opportunity to notice the small, non earth shattering moments of everyday life. I sat outside in the garden with my granddaughters today and added some more paint samples to the kitchen walls while they napped. What a great day.

    Unpredictability starts tomorrow when I head back to work. I'll take my uneventful home life any day.

    You are anything but predictable, Manzi. You are fascinating -- I can only imagine what it would be like to spend the day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your description of Cody waiting for her food.

    I get overwhelmed by how much stuff we have and love a good throw out. We went to the tip (dump) last week. It does make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purging is so good for the soul. Just like exercise. You're so right. I've been in a vanilla state of mind so much these past few months, it's time for me to start throwing some striking curve balls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mighty dog determines my morning routine also. Could so relate.
    Purging is good. I purged when I moved here 6 years ago and need to again. Where does all the crap come from? Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post :) I have been fascinated with Flamenco for years. I'd love to learn...if only there were classes around where I live.

    I wandered over from Kittie Howard's blog. So very nice to "meet" you :D

    Cheers,
    Jen

    PS: I adore the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Francine,
    I so agree with you. Why does the media give them so much coverage. They waste my time. Thanks for the comment.

    Shannon,
    Thanks for the congrat and stopping by. I'll be following you too.

    Kittie,
    What a sweet surprise. And congratulations to your awards. You told me how to put award icons onto my blog and I'm in "happiness heaven" today. It worked... Hurray! I followed your instructions exactly and bingo, results. Here's another award to you ...... "Princess of Instructions." ha Thank you, thank you. It was so kind of you to take the time.

    Kj
    Predictability is a good thing. I say a lot with tongue in cheek. Some things I want to be a little loose abaout so I guess it's best to kind of balance things out. Sorry you have to go back to work.....You do have a lovely home.

    Christine,
    Thanks for stopping. I guess I answered you on your post. I like the word "tip" in place of the word "dump." Has a little more class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Su-sieee
    I love it that you're using baseball words as a comparison. Yeah... let's all go to a ball game after we get rid of our junque. :)

    Patti,
    Mighty dog. Love that name. I can picture your dog flexing his arm muscle in front of the camera and wearing his cape. Yeah, where does the crap come from??? Most of it I don't even recall dragging in.

    Jen,
    Wecome. I'm so happy to meet you. Flamenco song is a sound that most Americans don't care for at first but if it ever gets into your soul, beware..... it never leaves.

    Manzanita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    I agree - its sad to see what the media covers these and worse to think that people feed that frenzy.

    Love the flamenco dance, wish I could click the castanets like that! WOW. ;)

    ReplyDelete